Though we hope that you’ll find GO Smart to be intuitive, there are a few places where you may want to know a little bit more about the language we use, some lesser-known tools, and system rules.
- Grant Opportunity – Your entire workflow of a single grant process that includes any or all of the following: Intent to Apply, Application, Panel Review, Awarding, Additional “Flex” forms, Interim Reports, and/or Final Reports.
- Program – A single grant opportunity offered by your agency (for example: Operational Support, Community Arts, Fellowship, etc). Programs are offered on a cyclical basis (annually, biannually, quarterly, rolling, or other) and are distinguished by a unique application form.
- Program Cycle – A single offering of the recurring grant opportunity (for example: Operational Support FY19, Community Arts 19Q1, Fellowship Spring 2019, etc). In the GO Smart tool, the Program Cycle can contain any or all of the following forms: Intent to Apply, Application, Interim Report, and Final Report. Your Grant Opportunity may include additional items like paneling or reimbursement forms which can be administered in GO Smart but separately from the initial Program Cycle.
- Form – the forms that make up a cycle in GO Smart: Intent to Apply, Application, Interim Report, Final Report, Flex Form. The GO Smart system treats these as separate entities for which you will create rules determining when and how applicants access each stage of the cycle. Sometimes referred to as a page set.
- Flex Form – an additional Program Cycle that allows you to create and offer a form that is not one of the typical four forms, such as Reimbursement or Invoice forms. Sometimes referred to as a flexible page set.
TIPS AND HINTS
- The GO Smart sites are optimized for use with Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari browsers. We recommend not using Internet Explorer as that browser is being phased out and development resources are no longer pointed towards that platform.
- Admin and panelists who are added via the User Editor cannot be removed from the system, they can only be disabled. You can replace outdated admin by editing their details with a new admin’s information.
- All users can preview the forms as HTML or PDF files by clicking the appropriate “View App” link on the applicant’s Current Programs and Applications tab, “[App] PDF” links from the admin Grant Manager dashboard, or Applications tab of the panelist portal. These links will open an HTML view that was created when the applicant last submitted or modified their form. Clicking Print PDF will open a PDF of the same form.
- All of the applicant’s profile information populates the first page of the HTML/PDF of any forms (Application, Interim Report, Final Report, etc.). This alleviates the need to collect this information again within a form.
- Learn about using the Work Sample tools to request media (other than documents) from applicants: Work Samples (aka Support Material), Slideshow.
- Use the CKeditor to add to your text any images and document and website links, where desired.
- Test the forms as an applicant would while you’re building them.
- Login as an applicant without their password by clicking Details on the Grant Manager or Search tabs. Logging in as an applicant from the Details link affords an admin permission to access all forms. When the applicant logs in from their portal, they may not be able to access all forms depending on their status.
- Review the Best Practices section of the Knowledge Base.
- Within one Program Cycle, you can create pages of the Intent to Apply, Application, Interim Report, and/or Final Report.
- You can add the Intent to Apply page by selecting it from the drop-down menu of the application pages. The system will treat the Intent to Apply page as a separate one-page form.
- Learn about the types of pages you can add to your forms.
- Learn about the Question Types you can add to any custom narrative page.
- The Category Sort Select Menu question type is unique to GO Smart. This question type will appear as a single-select, drop-down question in your application. The responses will display on your Grant Manager dashboard. You are limited to three Category Sort Select Menu questions per cycle.
- Note that when you’re creating a question from the Question Editor, you will first type in a two- or three-word question title that will be an internal label and the header for this field in a report. The second field, “Question,” is where you will type in the question as you want it to display to applicants.
- No page or question can be hidden during a panel, except the Intent to Apply page.
- Applications must be in Received status to assign or unassign from a panel.
- Panelists login at admin.gosmart.org. They will see the panelist portal when they login and not the admin portal as long as they are designated as a panelist in the User Editor.