Create and assign your panelists from the User Editor.
Panelists login at admin.gosmart.org. They will see the panelist portal when they login and not your admin portal as long as you designate them as a panelist while creating their account using the steps below.
If a panelist is already in the system from a previous cycle, you will not need to create a new panelist profile for them. Their profile will become available when you create your panels.
- Navigate to the Administration tab > User Editor subtab.
- Click the Add New User button or link (both function the same).
- Input the name of your panelist.
- Create a Username and Password.
- Set the status to Active, or keep it disabled until you are ready for the panelist to access their panel(s).
- Select Panelist as the User Type.
- Disregard the Section Access section (this is for Grant Administrators only).
- Include an active email address and phone number.
- Click Add to save the panelist.
- Repeat the process to add additional panelists.
NOTE: Once a panelist is assigned to a cycle, all applications assigned to that panel will be visible to that panelist.
Some notes about creating panelists:
- When creating your panelist credentials, we recommend using a naming convention that is easy to replicate and communicate en masse.
- Username: First initial + last name.
- Password: cycle name and year (i.e. CS2018).
- Panelists cannot modify their usernames or passwords. However, they can use the email address that you provide during the panelist creation to reset their passwords.
- Panelists’ usernames are saved in a master database across agencies and may not be available because another agency is using them.
- Panelists cannot be removed from your user list, they can only be disabled.