After your application deadline has passed, you will likely receive a couple of applicant requests to submit, or modify and resubmit, their applications. Rather than changing the deadline date, which would allow every applicant to apply and submit an application after the deadline, you can simply change the status of selected application(s) to “Exception.” Doing so will give only those applicants the access required to modify and/or submit an application after the deadline.
If the applicant has already accessed the application cycle, you will want to do the following:
- Log in to admin.gosmart.org with your admin credentials.
- Navigate to the Grant Manager > Grant Manager Dashboard.
- Select the Program and Cycle associated with the application.
- Locate the application that you want to make accessible.
- Change the application’s status to Exception.
- Click Update at the bottom of the page to save the status change.
- Invite the applicant to access the application in their Current Programs & Applications tab, then resubmit.
- The status of the application will change to Received after the applicant resubmits.
If the applicant has not accessed the application cycle and is asking to be permitted to begin and submit an application after the deadline, you will need to do the following:
- Log in at admin.gosmart.org with your admin credentials.
- Navigate to the Applicants > Applicant Search sub tab and locate the user in your system (if they’ve not yet registered, they must do that first).
- Click the Login button so that you are logged in as the applicant.
- In your admin window, navigate to the Grant Editor > Program Cycles sub tab, and select the Program and Cycle associated with the application.
- Set the deadline to a date/time in the future and click Update.
- Toggle to the tab where you’re logged in as the applicant.
- Refresh the Current Programs & Applications tab.
- Locate the Cycle and click START.
- Toggle back to your admin tab and reset the deadline date and time.
- Navigate to your Grant Manager dashboard, locate the user in the application list and change their status to Exception.
- At this point, that user will be able to complete and submit their application from their portal within the Current Programs & Applications tab.