Intent to Apply pages/pagesets are used most frequently to vet applicants before they access the application.
- Add custom questions and use this page in a way that suits your needs.
- Create settings that determine whether or not you have to manually approve the Intent to Apply or if applicants can access the application immediately after submitting the Intent to Apply.
- Determine if the form becomes part of the application either on the screen or in the HTML/PDF that is viewed by panelists.
Applicant view of an Intent to Apply page
Add an Intent to Apply page to your cycle
- Log in at admin.gosmart.org with your admin credentials
- Navigate to Front End Manager > Application Pages
- Select the Program and Cycle you are working on
- Scroll toward the bottom of the page to the “Add New Page” section
- Select Intent to Apply from the Type drop down
- Type a title for the page as you would like it to appear to your applicant in their table of contents and at the top of their Intent to Apply page (see above image)
- Click Add
- Click Edit to the right of the purple Intent to Apply page that now appears in the table displaying your pages
- Add your custom directive language in the Info/Instruction text field
- Create the settings of your Intent to Apply page/pageset
- Add questions that will help you and/or your applicants determine their eligibility
Admin view of the Application Page subtab.
Using the Intent to Apply pageset/page
Select this page type from the drop down and add it to your grant opportunity (aka cycle) to create the Intent to Apply pageset. You will see it appear as the first page on your page table and will show up with a purple background to denote it as an independent pageset. You can only include one Intent to Apply page and all the elements of your Intent to Apply will be on that single page.
Once you have added it to your cycle, click Edit to determine some vital settings and add any desired questions.
Intent to Apply Settings
On the Intent to Apply page, you will first see an area to add custom Info/Instructional language for your applicants when they arrive in the Intent to Apply.
The Rules section allows you to determine how you want your Intent to Apply to behave.
Opting to have the intent to apply generate within the grant HTML/PDF will display the questions and responses of your Intent to Apply on the read-only HTML/PDF. This HTML/PDF is how admin will review the application and is available to the panelists. Don’t select this option if your panelists should not see the questions and responses of the Intent to Apply.
Determine if applicants can begin working on the application before you manually approve the intent to apply. If you want to vet their intent to apply before they can apply, select the second option.
Opt to have the intent to apply populate into the application if you want it to appear again as the first page of your application, giving your applicants the ability to view and modify their questions and responses.
Add your desired questions to this page. Scroll to the bottom of the Intent to Apply page and select the type of question(s) you want to include. Click Edit to the right of the questions after they populate the Question table. Learn about creating and editing questions here.
Admin view of the Question tools on an Intent to Apply page