An Intent to Apply page is used most frequently to give grant admin the opportunity to review pre-application data and determine if an applicant should move forward. An Intent to Apply can also be used to gather information that should not be visible to a panelist. You can only include one Intent to Apply page per cycle and all the elements of your Intent to Apply will make up that single page. The system will treat the Intent to Apply as an independent form and will be the first page available to applicants.
With an Intent to Apply, you can:
- Add custom questions in a way that suits your needs.
- Create settings that determine whether or not you have to manually approve the Intent to Apply or if applicants can access the application immediately after submitting the Intent to Apply.
- Determine if the form becomes part of the application either on the applicant’s screen or in the HTML/PDF that is viewed by panelists.
Applicant view of an Intent to Apply page
Add an Intent to Apply page to your cycle
- Log in at admin.gosmart.org with your admin credentials
- Navigate to Front End Manager > Application Pages
- Select the Program and Cycle you are working on
- Scroll toward the bottom of the page to the “Add New Page” section
- Select Intent to Apply from the Type drop down
- Type a title for the page as you would like it to appear to your applicant in their table of contents and at the top of their Intent to Apply page (see above image)
- Click Add
- Click Edit to the right of the purple Intent to Apply page that now appears in the table displaying your pages
- Add your custom directive language in the Info/Instruction text field
- Create the settings of your Intent to Apply page/pageset
- Add questions that will help you and/or your applicants determine their eligibility
Admin view of the Cycle Pages subtab.
Settings of the Intent to Apply
On the Intent to Apply page, you will first see an area to add custom Info/Instructional language for your applicants when they arrive in the Intent to Apply.
The Rules section allows you to determine how you want your Intent to Apply to behave.
Opting to have the intent to apply generate within the grant HTML/PDF will display the questions and responses of your Intent to Apply on the read-only HTML/PDF. This HTML/PDF is how admin will review the application and is available to the panelists. Don’t select this option if your panelists should not see the questions and responses of the Intent to Apply.
Determine if applicants can begin working on the application before you manually approve the intent to apply. If you want to vet their intent to apply before they can apply, select the second option.
Opt to have the intent to apply populate into the application if you want it to appear again as the first page of your application, giving your applicants the ability to view and modify their questions and responses.
Add Questions to the Intent to Apply
Add your desired questions to this page. Scroll to the bottom of the Intent to Apply page and select the type of question(s) you want to include. Click Edit to the right of the questions after they populate the Question table. Learn about creating and editing questions here. Note that you can add all question types to an Intent to Apply EXCEPT for a Category Sort Select question.
Admin view of the Question tools on an Intent to Apply page