Once you have completed building your cycle, you may want to create auto-generated emails that will be sent to your applicants based on their statuses. The most common of these is a confirmation email that will go to applicants after they submit their application; however, you can create emails that will automatically be sent when any status is met. Learn a bit more about the statuses of GO Smart here. After you determine the statuses for which you want to create auto-generated emails, follow the steps below.
NOTE: You can only have one active status mailer per status at a time. If you use the Create New Cycle or Create New Program buttons to make a new cycle, any existing status mailers will also get cloned. You will need to update cloned mailers as dates and other information they contain can be outdated.
- Navigate to the Grant Manager tab > Status Mailer subtab.
- Select your program and cycle from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Add new Status Mailer button at the bottom of the window.
- The Email Editor will open.
- Add all necessary information.
- Changing the status to Disabled will turn off that status mailer without having to delete it.
- Include a BCC address if you would like to be notified as applicants’ statuses change.
- Attaching a PDF ensures that applicants have a final copy of their applications; however, they can always generate this PDF for themselves from their Current Programs & Applications tab.*
- Click the Add button located at the bottom of the Status Email Editor to save your text.
- Modify an existing status mailer by clicking the Edit button (this button will not appear until a status mailer has been created).
- Delete an existing status mailer by clicking the Remove button (this button will not appear until a status mailer has been created).
*Opting to Attach a PDF will always attach the Application PDF regardless of the status selected, save for the following three exceptions:
- Intent to Apply Received – attaches the Intent to Apply
- Interim Report Received – attaches the Interim Report
- Final Report Received – attaches the Final Report