CREATE A NEW APPLICANT TEST USER
- Navigate to your GO Smart applicant portal (your domain.gosmart.org)
- Click the “Click Here to create a new profile” link at the bottom of the home page OR click the Login tab in the navigation bar
- Click “Yes, I Agree” to the terms and conditions
- Fill out the registration form with your information, be sure to select the user type that is appropriate for the cycle you want to test. If your cycle will be open to Individuals and Organizations, you don’t need to be concerned with this, but you may need to make two users, one Individual and one Organization so that you can test all cycles.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page, you will now be logged in
- Navigate to the Current Programs & Applications tab and locate the cycle you want to test*
ALLOW ACCESS TO YOUR CYCLE
- Login as an admin at admin.gosmart.org with your admin credentials
- Navigate to the Grant Editor > Program Cycles sub tab
- Select the Program and Cycle you are working on
- Change the Status drop down to Active
- Scroll down to the dates and ensure the Accept Applications date/time is in the past and the Deadline date/time is in the future.
PASSWORD PROTECT YOUR CYCLE DURING TESTING
- Change the “Is this an invitation only program?” drop down to Yes (still at the Grant Editor > Program Cycles sub tab)
- Type a generic passcode, we recommend a single word or anything you’ll remember easily
- Click Update at the bottom of the page
- When you navigate back to the site where you are logged in as an applicant, navigate to the Current Programs & Applications tab, type in your Passcode in the top right corner, and you will now have access to this private cycle.
- After you have tested and you’re ready for applicants to view the cycle, you can change the “Is this an invitation only program?” drop down back to No, or keep it in place if you want to provide the password to all invited applicants.
NOTE: Adding a passcode is not retroactive; if an applicant has already accessed a cycle prior to it having had a passcode, they will continue to have access to it even after you create a passcode. For this reason, we recommend creating the passcode before you even set the cycle to Active.