After offering your initial cycle of a program, you will likely need to prepare for your next cycle (aka, the next offering of your grant opportunity). Navigate to the Grant Editor tab and follow the steps below to simply clone the previous cycle of that program to create your new cycle. Creating a new cycle will clone the details and settings of the Program Cycles editor, all Cycle Pages content, and any status mailers.
Note that once you create the first cycle in a program you can no longer create additional cycles for that program from scratch. You will always clone and modify previous cycles for any new cycle in that program, including flexible forms.
- Locate the initial cycle from the Grant Editor > Program Cycles tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Create New Cycle”.
- The cycle editor will regenerate.
- Remove the word EDIT from the end of the new cycle name and enter the appropriate cycle period.
- Review all of the other settings and content of the Cycle Editor and modify anything that needs updating.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Update to save.
- Navigate to Cycle Pages and modify any pages or questions that need updating.
- Navigate to Status Mailers and disable or modify any mailers that are not ready to be sent.
- Once all of your changes are made to reflect the new cycle, return to the Program Cycles editor
- Set the cycle Status to Active
- Ensure the Accept Application* and Deadline dates are appropriate
*Note that if you are testing your application, the Accept Application date needs to be in the past until you’re done testing.