Make your GO Smart data work for you behind the scenes with your new API key! We recommend using Zapier, a cloud-based API, to connect your GO smart data to thousands of other programs.
With this tutorial, you will create a zap that will export all the media attached to a submitted application into a Google Drive folder. This would be an ideal zap to create a master folder of all of your applicants’ submitted media. We will use a google drive account, but you can swap in a different cloud storage service (like OneDrive or Box) to follow along with these directions.
Take a second to learn some of the basic Zapier terminology before you jump in.
1. Navigate to Zapier and sign up or login with your zapier credentials.
2. Click the orange Make a Zap button in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Choose your trigger app by typing GO Smart into the search field and click it
4. Choose your trigger by selecting “Application Submitted” from the list of available options and click Save + Continue
5. Select your GO Smart agency site from the connected accounts and click Save + Continue
- If you have not yet connected your GO Smart agency site, follow this tutorial.
6. Test your step. You may see a Hints section that will walk you through setting up some sample data. Click through the hints or click Continue. Complete your test by clicking the Fetch & Continue button.
- You may need to first register one test user at your GO Smart applicant portal.
7. If your test was successful, click Continue
- If it was not successful, check to make sure your API key is still accurate, you may need to regenerate and re-enter the key in the Connected Accounts step
8. Choose your action app by searching for Google Drive and clicking on it.
9. Select your action by clicking on “Upload File” and click Save + Continue.
10. Connect your google account to Zapier by clicking Connect and entering your gmail credentials when prompted. Again, if you do not use google drive, swap it out in these instructions for the cloud storage service you use. Test the connection by clicking Test. If successful, click Save + Continue.
11. Set up the template by selecting the items you want to save to your drive. You’ll see the items listed below.
- Drive – select the drive to use, you should see your drive as an option when you click the down arrow (we selected “My Google Drive”)
- Folder – select your desired folder (we created a folder called Zapier media and selected that)
- File – click the menu icon on the right side of the field and select the following four options, separated by commas:
- Samples Download URL
- Samples Variants Downloads URL
- Samples Websized URL
- Uploads Download URL
- Convert to Document – select no
- File Name – select any or multiple items from the options and this will be the name of the zipped folder that will save to your google drive (we select “Application Number”)
- File Extension – add an addendum to the File Name
12. Test this step by clicking Continue after completing your settings and then click the “Send Test to Google Drive” button.
- Navigate to your google drive and verify that you can see your test email was received.
13. If all was successful, go back to your Zapier setup and click the “Finish” button
14. Name your zap, we called ours “Media Dump for Submitted Apps”, and turn it ON
- Once your zap is on, it will sweep you GO Smart site every 15 minutes (at the free subscription level) and anytime an application is submitted, the attached media will be exported into your google drive. Now sit back and wait for the magic to happen!
**Remember that this is only proactive with NEW triggers and actions. All of the media attached to your previously-submitted applications will NOT export to your google drive.
See this tutorial without images here!